Want to Know Who Qualifies for Canadian Permanent Residence/Skilled Worker Immigration?

The year 2015 has started on a joyous note for the world, the economy is recovering and many countries have been witnessing a continuous growth in their GDP. At the same time, there are also new realms opened in immigration and that would follow at same length in future also. So, from Hong Kong, Australia to recently Canada–all these countries have revamped their immigration programmes to restructure the immigration process.

In this piece, you would come to know about immigration to Canada and how the introduction of Express Entry has changed the scenario in immigration to Canada. If one asks that who qualifies for Canadian permanent residence/skilled worker immigration, the answer would be those special ones whose skills and experience can really help bring about a difference in the Canadian economy.

The Express Entry system has promised a lot to the immigrants. But, when it comes to exploiting all those promises, it is not everyone’s cup of tea. This year, the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), the body that governs immigration in the nation, has decided to give more leverage to skills rather than availability. Hence, they have revoked the old first-come-first-serve system, and instead launched a new system called Expression of Interest (EoI) or popularly known by its acronym Express Entry.

This system will only consider those aspirants as eligible that fall in the skilled labor list of the state sponsored list of occupation that fall in the category of Express Entry for movement. Once they are able to find the right candidates, they would request them to move to the country. The moment they enter the nation, they can instantly apply for Permanent Residence (PR) under the skilled labor programme.

As per the guidelines specified by the Express Entry system, the process of streamlining the application and getting the approval from the authorities will not take more than 60 days. This time, the government is keen towards easing the immigration process, so even for Express Entry movement, the maximum time frame that is decided is for six months. You would get everything sorted out within six months if you have applied for immigration to Canada.

Let’s bring our focus back to the permanent residency. If you have moved to Canada then you can also apply for PR if you fulfill some criterion that the authorities seek. So, you might ask that who qualifies for Canadian Permanent residency/skilled worker immigration, well, from an optimistic angle anyone can.

Major requirements:

1. The applicant must have one year of continuous experience in a full time work in the profession that is sought in the Skilled Occupation List (SOL), only if he has the same he can apply for PR program.

2. While the candidate shows his work experience, it is a must that it should fall under managerial, professional or technical list while assessing his credentials. Such works are considered while granting PR to the applicant.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *